We know it sounds too good to be true, but with the right skincare routine and good habits, you can see a huge difference in your skin in less than a month!
YOUR PERSONAL HYGIENE HABITS MUST BE ON TOP
- 1. Change your pillowcases and bedsheet regularly
We recommend changing your pillowcases and bedsheet at least two to three times a week. Your pillows have build up of oils and sweat from daily use which can causes acne.
- 2. Cleanse your skin twice a day
Cleansing your skin twice a day can help you getting a better a skin quicker. Using a gentle cleanser in the morning to remove the production of excess oil built during the night and using a different type of cleanser at night to make sure all the make up and pollution on your skin from the day will be removed. If you don’t cleanse properly, your pores will be congested and blocked and your skin will be prone to blackheads
- 3. The right skincare routine for your skin type
You need to know your skin type before trying to fix your skin. The different skin types are sensitive, combination to oily, dry and normal. Your skin type is based on the amount of sebum (oil) your skin produce. There is two tests you can try at home to find out your skin type: The blotting sheet method and the “watch and wait” method.
The blotting sheet method
When pressed to the skin, blotting sheets absorb oil and you can use them to help you understand what type of skin you have.
- After washing your face with a gentle cleanser, pat it dry and wait for 30 minutes.
- Press blotting sheets to various areas of your face, then hold the sheets up to the light to see the oil markings.
- If the sheets soaked up an abundance of oil from all areas of the face, you have oily skin.
- If they absorb little to no oil, then you probably have dry skin.
- If the sheets show only a small amount of oil from your T-zone, you have combination skin.
- If you only see minimal oil from every area of your face, you most likely have normal skin.
The “watch and wait” method
This at-home test allows you to understand your skin type by observing how your skin behaves after cleansing..
- To start, wash your face with a gentle cleanser, then gently pat it dry.
- Wait 30 minutes.
- If your skin appears shiny throughout, you likely have oily skin.
- If it feels tight and is flaky or scaly, you likely have dry skin.
- If the shine is only in your T-zone, you probably have combination skin.
- If your skin feels hydrated and comfortable, but not oily, you likely have normal skin.
- 4. WEAR YOUR SPF !!
If you’re not using an SPF daily, you need to start now. Wearing sunscreen is THE BEST and easiest way to protect your skin from aging, sunburn and skin cancer. Make sure to use an SPF 50. Here are the two SPF I am currently using: